Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Please rate my top 10 baby names?




Emmy Jo (1


Here are my current favorites. What do you think? Feel free to rate, comment, or just pick your favorite or least favorite from my list. Middle name suggestions are welcome, too!

For girls:
Clara
Moira
Susanna
Isla (EYE-luh)
Esperanza
Athena
Lily
Lucy
Charlotte
Rosalind

For boys:
Miles
Julius
Demetrius
Kenneth
Caedmon (CAD-mon)
Lysander
Frederick
Gideon
Hadrian
Judah

Thank you!



Answer
Clara -I want to like Clara more than I do. For me, it's the CL at the beginning: it sounds weird to me in all sorts of names and words. Personal taste aside, it's a sweet, classy name, which sounds fresher and softer than Claire. Clara Scarlett, Clara Jewel, Clara Imogen.

Moira -So cute! I think it's cooler sounding than Maya and fresher than Maureen, but still very Irish flavored. Moira Bryn, Moira Hero, Moira Ivy.

Susanna -The second grader in my brain keeps trying to shout "oh Susannah! Oh don't you cry for me!" But I also work with a guy from Alabama who tattooed a banjo on his kneecap, so it's never far from my mind. I think it's more dated than a lot of your other choices because of the popularity of Susan in the sixties. It's more modern than Susan, but it immediately brings it to mind for me. It also makes me think of Souixie and the Banshees, though. Susanna June, Susanna Louise, Susanna Noelle.

Isla -It's so sweet! I'm a bit paranoid that it's going to skyrocket because of Isla Fisher, but it's such a cool, unusual name, I would use it anyways. Isla Piper, Isla Danielle, Isla Maeve.

Esperanza -I remember reading a book in Spanish class about a girl who was named Esperanza and hated it, so that tinges the name to me. It sounds very Hispanic to me, so if you're not Hispanic or Spanish, it might be a name best in the middle name spot. Lucinda Esperanza, Susanna Esperanza, Esperanza Flora.

Athena -I want to like this so much! It's a pretty, unusual goddess name, a nice alternative to Sophia if you're looking for a name that means 'wisdom'. However, i think it's so well associated with wisdom and learning that it might feel a little stereotypical on a smart child, and painfully ironic if she's average or behind the curve. It's another one of those names I'd use for a middle name. Isla Athena, Lily Athena, Athena Daphne.

Lily -So pretty, but becoming overused. I prefer it as a nickname for Lillian, so it's a more classic name that isn't quite as trendy feeling. Lilac or Lila are nice alternatives. Lily Esperanza, Lily Georgia, Lily Harper.

Lucy -I think it's so cute, but not enough, if that makes sense. I can't picture a successful adult named Lucy. I think Lucille still feels kind of dated, but I like Lucinda as a full form. Lucinda Naomi, Lucinda Esperanza, Lucinda Theresa.

Charlotte -I have a serious soft spot for Charlotte, as it's a family name. I had a great-aunt named Charlotte Melba who I just loved. Charlotte Isobel is on my personal short list. I also like Charlotte Amelia and Charlotte Regina.

Rosalind -Said right, this is so pretty, but so many people say it RAWZ-ah-lind instead of ROSE-ah-lind. That's why I like Rosalie a bit better. People will still do it, but it's less likely to get 'rawz-ed' to me. Rosalind Verity, Rosalind Penelope, Rosalind Jean.

For boys:
Miles -I don't love it, but I do like Milo a lot. I think Milo makes a sweet nickname for Miles. Miles John, Miles Thomas, Miles Dylan.

Julius -This is Caesar's name to me. I prefer the more modern form, Julian, over Julius. Julius Ryan, Julius Brennan, Julius Theodore.

Demetrius -I know it's a real name, but it sounds like an 'elaboration' of a simpler name. I prefer Demetria (for a girl, of course!) to Demetrius. It sounds less made up. Demetrius James, Demetrius Oliver, Demetrius Marcus.

Kenneth -This is a huge family name in my fiance's family, so my first son will be James Kenneth. I don't like it much as a first name, because I grew up on South Park, and all I can think of is "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" Shallow, I know, but a strong association. My father in law is Kenneth Ernest, my brother in law is Kenneth Ray, for middle name ideas. Kenneth Victor, Kenneth Paul.

Caedmon -I like it, but it's too complicated and fussy for modern use, I think. No one will say or spell it right, unfortunately. Again, a name best suited for the middle name spot. Julius Caedmon, Hadrian Caedmon, Caedmon Hector.

Lysander -I want to like it more than I do. It's historical! It's very unusual! It sounds similar to other popular names, like Alexander and Alyssa! Yet, I don't like it, and I can't quite figure out why. Sorry. Lysander George, Lysander Oliver, Lysander Julius.

Frederick -Not bad, but I feel like it's a bit dated. I like Rick as a nickname over the more common Fred. Frederick Noah, Frederick Calvin, Frederick Asher.

Gideon -Ah, Gideon. It's one of the names I love but always forget to suggest. Every time I hear it, I think 'I love that name!" but never remember to put it on my mental list. Gideon Cormac, Gideon Stanley, Gideon Peter.

Hadrian -I pefer the simpler and more modern Adrian. Hadrian Robert, Hadrian Martin, Hadrian Quinn.

Judah -It's not bad, but I prefer Jonas to Judah. Judah Michael, Judah Charles, Judah Kevin

Tattoo........................................................................................................




Ramon


I want a tat. NE body have some good sites or xamples? I would like a unique pic like a horoscope or celtic, aztec, tribal, etc. And/or phrase/poem. The phrase/poem would go on my forearms so when I put them across my body they connect like a puzzle. The phrase/poem needs to refer to family. The secureness, love, caring, etc of family. So the meaning of the words with my arms across my body like a hug gives a whole visual affect. Possibly in Spanish, French or Latin. Black or grey colors.
the words r goin on my arms, the pic will go on the deltoid area.



Answer
How old are you? If you are less than 22 you may want to reconsider. Think back to when you were 12, what tattoo would you have gotten then? If you had the blue power ranger tattooed on your back right now would you like it? What about 16? How cool are the goo goo dolls now? (Please replace the specific examples with something specific to you.) The same goes in 10 years. What will this phrase or poem mean to you then (besides that it has been on your forearms for 10 years)?

I understand they are a way to express yourself and I can dig that, but so is talking, t-shirts, music, cars and other things that aren't so permanent. Frat/sorority letters, military or other group insignias that are part of life changing experiences I can understand. The tribal Aztec armband? I don't get it. It isn't original anymore and it doesn't say anything about you. The hiragana and katakana symbols? Come on! 90% of the people who get them don't even know for sure what it means.

On top of that, they used to be taboo. Now 95% of the girls in college have a tramp stamp (pardon the expression) of a butterfly/dolphin/fairy/moon. They have lost the rarity that made them special.

If you get one, think long and hard about it and make sure it represents something that is very personal and long lasting. One last thing (if you got this far), I would stay away from the forearms and stick the tattoo somewhere that can be covered up by a shirt. In case you want to get a job where that is not considered acceptable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment