Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What do you think of having a tattoo seen on prom?

small tattoos for girls with meaning on 50 Cross Tattoos | Tattoo Designs of Holy Christian, Celtic and Tribal ...
small tattoos for girls with meaning image



Cinders


What do you think of tattoos being visible on prom?
Do you feel different if it's a small tattoo on a girl's back, or even sleeves?

Would you expose your tattoo(s) on a formal evening?


P.S. Where I live, tattoos are legal at 16 for a minor.
I never said I was 16 either.
:)



Answer
My best friend had a dress that showed off her chest piece really well. I loved it.

I don't understand people that cover their tattoos for special occasions. I mean, your tattoo is a part of you every single day of your life, why not show it off on special occasions too?
To me, it just seems ridiculous.

I'm getting married this fall, and my dress will be showing at least 3 of my tattoos (I may get more before the big day)
I'm proud of my ink, and I've spent a whole lot of money on it, I'd better be showing it off while it still looks good!

Would a small finger tattoo harm my possible acting career?




Jennifer V


I'm 17 and I'm pursing a career in acting. I just want to know if a small tattoo on my finger will harm my options for roles?


Answer
Not only will it harm your options, it may stop you having a career at all. The other posters who think it's fine, with as much respect as I can muster, have not the first idea about acting as a career. They are from the stable that says, "follow your dreams, you can do anything you want to in life". Well, that isn't true. Icarus never did get to fly, and I still haven't won the lottery.

Make up will not cover a tattoo. These days, because of HD, and more sensitive digital filming (a film screen shows people up to a 100 times larger than normal in extreme close-up - and that includes shots of hands passing letters or pointing, or doing whatever hands are directed to do; even widescreen TVs show actors and their hands many times larger than real life). Because of that, make up is not what it used to be, it's far, far more subtle. The idea that you use pancake make ups even in theatre these days is unheard of, unless you're deliberately made up to look somehow alien, for instance as an animal in The Lion King.

Immediately you must realise that a finger tattoo means you can never play certain characters - you could not do a period drama for example, and loads of other work too. Now, you may be sitting there thinking "I don't want to do that rubbish anyway" which is fine, until you want an agent to represent you. An agent doesn't earn unless you do. Why is he going to risk his business representing a girl who is not flexible in what she plays? You're supposed to be an actor, you're supposed to become a completely different character in every role. That's the whole point of acting. An agent is going to find you dead weight. And without an agent, you'll never work.

A tattoo is for life. Acting ambitions and indeed a career, may not last very long. But if you want to give it a serious go, don't make life impossibly hard for yourself. Get a tattoo when you're older and your career as an actor is either over or so stratospheric that you can pick and choose your roles.

All the best.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment