Thursday, July 11, 2013

Which are the best mystery novels of all time?

top 100 tattoos for girls on Tattoo Clip Art, Pictures, Vector Clipart, Royalty-Free Images # 2
top 100 tattoos for girls image



Imran


I like to read crime fiction. I want to know the names of few mystery novels which are regarded as classics. I have searched the web and I am not interested in the top 100 Crime Novels of All Time, 100 best mystery novels of all time, Top 100 Mystery Novels of All Time etc. I am just looking for four or five titles that are actually very best.


Answer
Just so you know, these are part of my opinion, and part of my knowledge as well:

The Silence of the Lambs, by Thomas Harris (the entire trilogy is amazing, yet this is the standout for reasons you'd soon discover if you read it, and from what I've heard, this is sometimes regarded as the greatest thriller of all time, the movie as well)

The Poet, by Michael Connelly (a mixture of horror and crime thriller, I personally found this book intriguing right from the very first page, and the book never fails to disappoint)

The Alienist, by Caleb Carr (far above the run of the mill thrillers these days, this book explores the psychology of the serial killer and the darkness of such a tale more than almost any mainstream book of its kind written these days, all in a classic setting)

A Simple Plan, by Scott Smith (praised by Stephen King as the best thriller since The Silence of the Lambs, this book is an adrenaline rush all the way through, written by the expert hand of a writer who is shockingly not very well known, but whose two books are legendary, and I REALLY hope he writes more)

The Millenium Trilogy, by Stieg Larsson (most famous for the first book, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," this trilogy is unique, it's satisfyingly dark, full of twists and brutalities, it's arguably--in my opinion--one of the best series' in crime of all time, right along with the classics)

Cheers!

Books to read during the summer?




leodakid


I'm looking for some good books to read over the summer. Next year I will be a sophomore in high school, and I am male. The last two books I read were: Outlaw Platoon by Sean Parnell and Unbroken by Laura Hillebrand. Unbroken is now the book that I enjoyed reading the most; it's my favorite book. Outlaw platoon was also on my top ten list. These are types of books that I am looking forward to reading. I am currently reading Killing Lincoln, which I also am enjoying. I like mainly to read books that have historical significance, and also anything about war. I am looking to learn more about world war two, preferribly in the Pacific, so I would like any book that has a good story line to it. I also am hoping to read classical texts like The Great Gatsby. Lastly, I am also compelled to read Mein Kampf, eventhough it seems like it is one of those "forbidden texts." Now that you undestand what I would like to read, do you have any suggestions of what to read over my summer break. Whether it be your favorite book, a list of the must read classics, or even a book that you hated but sounds right for me, please help me find some influential text that will shape my life during the summer. Thank you.


Answer
A Monster Calls - Patrick Neiss
A Tale of Two Cities â Charles Dicken
Acid Dreams: The CIA, LSD and the Sixties
Adrian Mole Series â Townsend
ANY books by Cornelia Funke should be great for Percy Jackson/Harry Potter fans. :)
Books v. Cigarettes â Orwell
Cirque Du Freak Series - Darren Shan
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Eragon Series - Christopher Paolini
Faust - Goethe
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
Game of Thrones - George Martin
Great Expectations â Charles Dickens
His Dark Materials Series - Philip Pullman
Itâs Kind of a Funny Story â Vizzini
Jack Glass - Roberts
Jerusalem: A Family Portrait - Yakin
Mr. Penumbraâs 24 Hour Bookstore â Sloan
Notes from a Small Island - Bryson
Pathfinder - Car
Perfume: the Story of a Murderer - Patrick Suskind
Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chobsky
Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
Rebellion - Lee
Regeneration - Barker
The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared - Jonasson
The Art of Fielding - Harbach
The Catcher of the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time â Haddon
The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Alborn
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Adams, Douglas
The House of Silk - Anthony Horowitz
The Invention of Hugo Cabret - Selznick
The Kite Runner â Hosseini
The Magicians - Grossman
The Magicians Guild - Canavan
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Tuesdays With Morrie â Albom
Unwind â Shusterman
Wool â Hugh Howey




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment