Sunday, October 6, 2013

How annoyed are tattoo artists with cliché tattoo requests?

tattoos for girls infinity on Translation:
tattoos for girls infinity image



Tessa


I have three tattoo ideas , one original but two are ones that still have meaning to me but are sort of cliché. One is a dandelion breaking off and turning to birds on back right shoulder and the other is the infinity symbol with "hope" being part of the symbol in bottom right corner on my wrist. (my two sisters would get matching tattoos but with "faith" and the other with "love". I have seen these done before and that doesn't change my mind but I was wondering how annoyed tattoo artists would be if I presented them with these ideas. Only answer of you are a tattoo artist or are in the shop often, please! And try to be honest but nice!


Answer
Actually they do mind. I know a tattoo artist that had a girl come in and told him she wanted a star tattoo. He said he looked at her and just said "no, you don't" . . .

Trust me, they get tired of tattooing overused cliche tattoos . . .

What do you think of infinity symbol to represent life goes on?




Dani


It would be on a girl's shoulder blade as a tattoo. Maybe one of the following would be incorporated in it:

"this too shall pass"
"let it be"


I feel it would have special meaning for me. Do you feel it's overused? Thanks



Answer
"This too shall pass" and 'infinity' are self cancelling. Mixed messages do not work.
BOTH those quotes are about as naive and cliched as you could think of.
What does "This too shall pass" refer to? Life? The dud situation you're in? How does that work when things get better?
Leave the text to libraries.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment