Saturday, February 8, 2014

How to get a girlfriend if I've tried almost everything?




Samuel


I'm 21 and am going to be a Junior in college this fall and I've never had a girlfriend. I thought that once I got to college after high school my luck would change, nope. It seems that every girl at my school parties and gets wasted. I'm not about that. I don't party, drink, smoke, all that crap. I am social though, I have a close circle of friends. It just seems all the girls at my school are drunks or taken.

I've also tried the online route, that is even worse. I didn't know girls could be so picky! They all seem to want one or more of the following: country boys, military men, tall guys, guys with tattoos, guys with piercings, etc etc. I'm not any of those things! I send very nice, non creepy messages and I never get anything back. I've tried all the free dating apps (Skout, OkCupid, POF, Kik date, others I can't remember the name to). I know of paid sites (Match, Christian Mingle, etc) but I really don't feel like spending $25-30 a month to get no responses.

I'm 5'3", which is short so I feel like a lot of guys have advantage over me. I have a low muscle tone and not an extremely attractive face. I'm not fat or unhealthy, it's just my build. It doesn't help that a lot of people (especially adults) treat me like I'm 13-14 based on my appearance. For example, all last year the cashiers in my dining center would say "hey buddy!" in a tone like how you talk to your
et or a 10 year old. My friends had a good laugh about it, which is fine, but it kinda hurt my self esteem at the same time. I'm funny, caring, smart, and I love talking. I'm just at a dead end now with girls. Now all of my friends are in relationships so I've been feeling a little more lonely than usual I guess. And no, they don't have available friends. I'm an optimist, and I believe things will work one day. I'd just appreciate advice on what to do. No offense, but please don't suggest clubbing, frat parties, etc. Thanks for reading, and sorry it was a little long.



Answer
Try going for shorter girls. I'm only about 5'0", very dainty and petite, and I love guys who aren't super tall. When I date tall/average height guys I feel uncomfortably tiny and delicate. It's really awkward and difficult to hug/kiss them, which is why I tend to go for short guys.
I know how it feels, getting mistaken for a little kid. -_- I'm a year younger than you, and a lot of people assume I'm an extremely shy, short thirteen year old girl who's trying to look cool. My friends find it hilarious that they call me short, even though they assume I'm younger than I am. It sucks.
Anyways, I promise that someday you'll meet a girl who's a bit on the short side too. It may be sooner than you think; try to say hi to someone new. next thing you know, you might have a whole new circle of friends. And trust me, she'll worship the fact that you make her feel normal by not crushing her spine when you two hug. Also, people tell me that short guys dating short girls is the most adorable thing ever.
It's hard to find someone who accepts your height, but trust me. There are LOTS of girls who like shorter guys out there, they just won't admit it.
Be confident, okay? You sound like you have an amazing personality, which is cool because a lot of short guys are total assholes.
There isn't much other advice I can give you, just keep in mind: CONFIDENCE IS KEY
Stay amazing.

List all the things that make you happy?




Holly Goli





Answer
1. The color purple
2. Having that one person you can talk about anything with
3. Late summer nights when it feels like anything is possible
4. Things that are so funny all I can do is throw my head back and fully laugh
5. The smell of a good TV dinner cooking
6. Watching videos of U.S. soldiers reuniting with their kids and family
7. Texting people who can actually hold a conversation
8. Getting a phone call rather than a text
9. Those days where I just sit in my PJs all day
10. God
11. The smell of rain
12. Running as fast as I can, as far as I can, until I canât run anymore
13. Pushing myself further than I earlier thought possible
14. Bungee jumping
15. Rollercoasters
16. Adrenaline rushes
17. Tattoos
18. Piercings
19. Peace signs
20. Remembering how you got certain scars
21. The smell when you blow out a candle
22. The little trickle of my aquarium filter
23. Playing the meowing game with my cat
24. 11:11
25. Baggy T-shirts
26. Those days that I put little effort into my appearance but still like how I look
27. Calling guys âboyâ, âkidâ or âdudeâ
28. My mom
29. My St. Christopherâs Medal
30. Seeing pictures of myself taken at good angles
31. Frosted Flakes
32. Watching old cartoons I used to love like Rugrats and The Powerpuff Girls
33. Spongebob Squarepants
34. Sleeping with a bunch of blankets and pillows no matter how hot it is
35. Going to camp
36. Counting money
37. Super minty gum
38. Using the word âstellarâ to describe things
39. music
40. Wearing high heels and feeling like a model
41. Bad boys
42. Orlando Bloom
43. All chocolate flavors of Pop-Tarts
44. Daydreaming about all the traveling Iâll do in the future
45. Redecorating my room
46. When clothes are still warm from the dryer
47. The peace when youâre walking through the woods alone
48. Long, hot showers
49. Opening my windows at night and listening to all the outside sounds
50. Those falling dreams that scare you awake
51. Successfully killing a particularly big spider
52. Not eating meat
53. God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit
54. Reading my catechism
55. Finding weird stories in the Bible
56. Collecting your change until you get it switched to paper money so you feel like you made a profit
57. Finding turtles
58. Watching for interesting road kill on the side of the interstate
59. Keeping a journal
60. Writing
61. Photography
62. Daydreaming in general
63. Learning songs on the keyboard and practicing them until I could play in my sleep
64. Drinking from the hose during the summer
65. Swimming in lakes
66. Yoga
67. My eyelashes
68. Micro-plush stuffed animals and blankets
69. Making dirty and sexist jokes
70. Sewing pillows
71. Laying down in the floor with my arms and legs spread after completely cleaning my room
72. Seeing rainbows
73. That feeling of being totally at peace right before going to sleep
74. Having really good dreams and remembering them
75. Reading simple childrenâs books in Spanish
76. The smell of Cheerios
77. Cajun accents
78. Boys in skinny jeans with the top of their boxers just barely showing
79. Putting together a really good outfit
80. Wearing new clothes once before washing them
81. All the different smells of different peopleâs houses
82. Waking up a lot during the night because I love that feeling of going back to sleep
83. Watching the sun rise over the beach
84. Finding really cool quotes
85. Reading a book so good I canât put it down
86. Seeing all Aâs on my report card
87. Eating a plain vanilla ice cream cone
88. The crazy times Iâve spent with my family
89. Going on trips to places Iâve never been
90. Staying in hotels
91. Being very observant of my surroundings
92. Those moments that I just donât want to end
93. Writing in the stream on a mirror, window or door
94. Making miniature snowmen because we donât get very much snow
95. Spring
96. When itâs Daylight Savings Time and you magically gain an hour
97. Making New Yearâs Resolutions
98. Reading magazines like Seventeen and Cosmo
99. Getting genuine compliments
100. Getting hugged around the waist




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment