Saturday, March 29, 2014

some pinup girl tattoos?




music=life


i want to get a pinup style tattoo. kind of like the women that were on the old war time posters. i just dont know where to find this specific kind of tattoo on the internet. i've checked out a bunch of sites but nothing is like what i want. help would be much appreciated.
i love marlyn monroe, so anything with her looking like a pinup girl would be amazing.
thanks.



Answer
just use google images! it's very easy, type in "pin up girls" (as almost any image can be turned into a tattoo) or "pin up girl tattoo" / "pin up girl tattoo design". I'll find some for you! :
http://www.tattoosymbol.com/articles/pinup-flash.html http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x217/gurlfrankie_07/pin%20up%20girls/PinUp65.jpg

there's a few on this forum page if you scroll down including 2 of Marilyn Monroe.http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.modernvespa.com/pix/uploads/marilyn_monroe_by_lavendershards_210.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic23071.html&h=500&w=373&sz=53&hl=en&start=148&um=1&usg=__MOFGK6zVZmI14lcDVO8HJJ3SRtE=&tbnid=loFcx-qgq7WKUM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmarilyn%2Bmonroe%2Bpin%2Bup%2Bgirl%26start%3D144%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us%26sa%3DN

Christina Aguilera looks like Marilyn :http://blog.upinde.com/images/min_christian_aguilera_candyman.jpg

Dream catcher tattoo personalization ideas?




xxCookieMo


Okay, so this is going to be long but I appreciate anyone and everyone who helps me out with this so much. I've been through a lot of heartache and grieving recently as well as in the past unfortunately and for some reason I'm really drawn to dream catchers. As a little kid my mom used to always take me to this native american store to look at the colorful rocks and large dream catchers and I was always so fascinated by the culture. The people, both recently and in the past, that I've lost, two especially, were some of the closest people I've ever been to and the ones to make me feel optimistic about the future. They always told me they'd be there whenever I felt alone or lost hope in everyone and everything and they pulled me through a lot of bad memories and times. They reminded me that things will get better because they'd always be there in my heart to comfort me and hold me close and that reminded me, once again, of the tightly knit dream catchers I used to visit and how they take in the bad (dreams) and let the good pass through. To me, dream catchers also represent the bad times and memories that will never be forgotten but the good as well in life that passes us by so freely that we need to appreciate. As a child I remember someone telling me, though I don't know who, that no dream is too big to concur and no one can ever stop me from fulfilling it and so I was thinking of incorporating words but I'm not sure if I want to or what I'd choose them to be. For instance, on a different note, I saw a tattoo of a dream catcher idea on a girl that really hit home to me that said "God broke our hearts to prove to us, He always takes the best" and I absolutely love that quote, but i'm not sure yet if I want to use that because that was her idea, not mine, yanno? Additionally I'm not sure if I want one large web and three underneath it, one larger than the one underneath it, or one alone and if I want it to be webbed or done in a different design inside. I don't know if I want the feathers to be attached by means of leather looking threads or beads or a rosary (maybe even just one of the threads as beaded or a rosary and the rest of them as simple threads, I don't know) but I DO know that I love the idea of one of the feathers disintegrating into birds flying because of the incredible sense of freedom to live one's life and choose one's own path I feel. I wanted to get a dream catcher tattooed about medium size on my rib-cage on one of my sides but I want to make it personalized and not like all the other tattoos out there. This is not going to be a spur of the moment tattoo and that is why I have tried so hard to find a way to personalize it. Unfortunately I have too many ideas and components in my head to create an idea and I haven't had time to talk to a tattoo designer personally yet. I've come here though in hopes that someone may help me accomplish this goal so I am free to all of your ideas. Once again, thank you everyone who reads this and takes their time to help me out. If you do not like tattoos or respect my reasons for wanting this that is completely fine, just please keep your commentary to yourself because some people, like me, really believe in expression of oneself and experiences through significant body art. Thank you and have a wonderful day :)


Answer
On one hand, I want to say that for once, someone has posted a question regarding dream catcher tattoos that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out and vomit simultaneously.......

On the other hand, I think you should be told about the repercussions from the Native community, of getting such a tattoo.

Let's start off by saying that a dream catcher is an infant's cradle decoration. The same thing as a mobile over a crib. Something with different textures, that a child can watch sway in the breeze, and reach out for. They are also given to toddlers, whom are told the whole bad dreams get caught in the webbing/burnt up in the sun/good dreams pass through. The equivalent of a nite lite for a child. They are only relevant to one Native culture, out of the hundreds.....Anishinaabe. Commonly known as Ojibwe/Chippewa. They are not a universal pan-Indian symbol.

Now, if you get this tattoo....expect any Native that sees it, to treat you with distance, disdain, to be outright laughed at for getting a child's cradle decoration as a tattoo. WE have dealt with about all the cultural appropriation we can stand....and dream catcher tattoos on REAL Natives, are few and far between. The only people who do get them, are nons.....or those who claim to have a Cherokee great-great-Granny. It outs them as being non-Native and knowing nothing about Native cultures, right away.

Also....that quote you included about a god. We don't have any gods at all. So it is not only insulting to include the Christian god into an Anishinaabe symbol...but also quite ridiculous. Its like getting a tattoo of Buddha, then including that quote.

I get that you want something that represents the people you've lost....and somehow tying that into a safe, childhood memory from which you draw comfort. That part is nice...and is what tattoos should be about. BUT....you need to understand what getting a dream catcher means to the people you would be taking it from, that you are not a part of.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment