Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When I say nostalgic tattoos what do you think of?

tattoo designs for girls upper arm on Girl%20Arm%20Tattoos%20Ideas%201 Girl Arm Tattoos Ideas
tattoo designs for girls upper arm image



Throbbing


I'm designing an nostalgic tattoo sleeve and so far I have, a pin up girl for upper arm as the main piece, then for the rest of the sleeve I've got a cassette tape, the old style silver grate microphones, with maybe a lyric bannered around it, a phonograph and maybe a few playing cards.. What else can I put on the sleeve that will fit this theme!! I realise my suggestions were music based, but they don't have to be, was all I could think of


Answer
Nostalgic to me is things from the past that are super memorable, like grease comes to mind, and happy days, with the jukebox and glasses and leather jackets and all that.

How to fix a tattoo of my son's name? What sort of design to put around it?

Q. I got a tattoo of my son's name going vertically down my forearm, unfortunately that was a big mistake! I should have gotten it done horizontally on my upper arm. And I am not crazy about the guy's cursive, I really had calligraphic writing in mind but I'm stuck with it now.

So, the question is, how to make it LOOK better? I was thinking getting some sort of design around the tattoo so it doesn't look so much like a prison tattoo or like I wrote on my own arm with a sharpie. I don't want girly girl crap like hearts and unicorns, but I was thinking of putting a green thorny rosevine through the name and having roses drawn around it or something.

Any ideas?


Answer
Well first off I would say is there a way to improve what was done? If its spaced enough could you have a GOOD artist (one you research this time) possibly enlarge the lines and clean them up where its needed?

As far as additional work the rose vine is a very good idea. It's a little cliché to be sure but it will definitely hide imperfections. You can also try barbwire. If your very into electronics you could even do something a little more original and use RCA wires or speaker wire.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment