Wednesday, February 26, 2014

tattoo ideas for a girl?




Desiree


I really love this tattoo.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fa08ee82c733363c14fd95a27ce7a382/tumblr_mp9ulcVi7F1r4xyi4o1_500.jpg
opinions?

I really want to get a small tattoo either on the back of my neck or my wrist. Something classy, appropriate, and not a full sleeve or anything. Maybe shoulder blade. I need ideas! I would love quotes or something nice like that... any ideas? Here are a couple that I like...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fa08ee82c733363c14fd95a27ce7a382/tumblr_mp9ulcVi7F1r4xyi4o1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h9qd2lg31qhltk3o1_500.jpg (except I would prob get on my shoulder blade and smaller!)



Answer
Both of those are adorable. Animal tattoos are great. Don't listen to what people say about your tattoos HAVING to mean something to you. If elephants are your favorite animal, get that inked! And if it's not, who cares? It's beautiful. You and your body give meaning to the tattoo, not the other way around.
If you go into a parlor, there will be lots of symbols and animals to look at in the portfolios. You can also look at different fonts and scripts if you do end up getting a quote.
Look in your favorite books or movies. Quotes have a tendency to look really really cheesy, so I wouldn't go for something like "follow your dreams". Quotes are where the meaning ACTUALLY needs to be significant, if you understand me.

Tattoo ideas for a girl?




Caiti


I really want to get a tattoo that says "Lights will guide you home". But I'm not sure where to get it. I think my inner bicep would be cute. But then again maybe not. Any suggestions?


Answer
Get a lighthouse. It says exactly what that song lyric says, but much more elegantly, attractively, and impressively.

Text does not work well as a tattoo. This is because text is meant to be read on a flat surface, and even the flattest surface of your body is still curved. The text will constantly look twisted, distorted, and unnatural. The result is that it does not flatter your form. Here is an excellent article that objectively and intelligently explains why text is a poor choice for a tattoo: http://seppukutattoo.blogspot.com/2012/02/letter-of-law-laws-for-lettering-and.html

Please read the article. It is well worth the time for anybody who is considering getting a text tattoo. In the end, you should get the tattoo you feel is best for you - but it is always good to be informed!

Thanks for reading and I hope this helped! Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment