Thursday, February 27, 2014

What are some good, meaningful tattoo ideas for girls?




Christina


I'm going to get a tattoo when I turn 18, I want to get one with meaning to it, I want it to be small and in a not noticeable place for work, any ideas? If you can, include pictures. Thanks!


Answer
Well at least you have a brain and are thinking about it first, instead of just going out and getting something stupid like a lot of people do these days. What things mean the most to you? Think about those first I guess. I like food but I'm not going to get a tattoo of an onion ring necklace with a burger medallion...Well maybe...

TWLOHA/ Self Harm Tattoo?




Someone


I want to a small orange ribbon (Like the breast cancer ones but orange for self harm) on my hip with either To Write Love On Her Arms or just TWLOHA underneath it or on the little tails of the ribbon with the TWLOHA star right next to the ribbon really small. I want to get this done my left hip. So I was wondering, how badly would this hurt, and do I have to wait until I'm 18? My mom said I could my tongue pierced at 16 so if I could switch the piercing for the tattoo I will. Its much more meaningful. Thanks for any help in advance!


Answer
The other girl here basically stated everything I wanted to say so I'll just add a little to it.

1. TWLOHA will be out of fashion when you're of age. You will most likely regret it. As meaningful as it is.

2. Orange tattoo ink on skin is unflattering, no matter what shade of skin color or orange. Someone's going to see it and automatically think pumpkin, or spray tan.

3. When and if you have kids, that ribbon's going to stretch along with your stomach, and look deformed after you give birth. Maybe get it on your collarbone, or wrist?

4.Since it will be a couple years untill you're 18, TWLOHA will have died down. So people won't know what it is. Be prepared for almost everyone who see's it to ask you "Whats that stand for?" "Why would you write it on someones arm" "Why'd you put it on your hip, I thought it goes on your arm??" "Does that mean you self harm too??" "What's the ribbon mean?" "YOU CUT?!"

5.Think about it. Think about it. Think about it. I know you should be proud of your past, and what you support, but when you're 21 and rocking a bikini, or just living life, do you really want that reminder on you, for everyone to see? Or when you're 30, and tattoo's aren't even cool anymore?

6. Why don't you get the orange ribbon tongue ring instead? I have one myself.

I hope I dont come off as a bitch. Im also a self harmer, and proud of my scars, but a tattoo at 16 isnt the way to show it. Same with 18. You're still practically a teen. Hence the name. It's a great idea, but these hard times WILL pass and when your 18, you're not going to want to remember them. Even though it's meaninful. Trust me. Also to answer your question. YES. It will hurt more than any piercing. With parental permission, you can get it at 16 depending on your state.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment