Monday, May 5, 2014

Half sleeve tattoo design advice?




Looby


I really want to get a half sleeve tattoo but I donât know where to start with designing it. I have a few ideas of what I want to get in it but I donât know how to put it together to look good (Iâm no artist)!

I want to have an old style boom box type radio with music notes and stars coming out of the speakers and a swallow somewhere in the tattoo, I want it to be feminine too. I'm totally open to any ideas you can give me, can anyone give me tips on how to design my tattoo or help me design it please?

And please don't answer with 'don't get it' or 'tattoos look horrible on girls' because that's not what I asked, thanks :)



Answer
here's a link to a good tattoo shop which has different tattoo ideas :) you could pick designs from it and put it together for inspiration! Just click on any artisit and different tattoo pics will come up :) Good luck!
http://www.thevibetattoos.com/index.php/gallery/list

Half Sleeve tattoo design?




AlexandraE


Ok i'm trying to plan my tattoo half sleeve. I want the main image to be an animal (either a lioness, elephant or a leopard with sad looking eyes, probably just the face of the animal) and i want it to have a colourful tree around it that goes to the top of my shoulder with maybe little coloured flowers in it, I also want a small dove and the word ahimsa written in sanskrit probably around my arm just above the elbow. ideas suggestions ?
oh im a girl and i have kinda small arms too :)

Examples of the animals i like :
Leopard http://www.zhippo.com/MarkBlanchardHOSTED/images/gallery/leopardprev.jpg
Lion http://www.steve-a.co.uk/main/images/emily1.jpg
Elephant http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3562/3600468859_8eefc3d967.jpg



Answer
I think this could be a really cool design. Here's some suggestions:

-See what each of these animals symbolize and decide which animal you think fits the best.

-Have the tree have leaves or buds of flowers flying off it that fade down your arm to connect the whole piece

-You could have the roots of the tree spell out ahimsa

-Have the tree curving like a C where the branches are at the top of C curling around your shoulder blade and the lion/leopard/elephant making a backwards C with the head of the animal going towards the crook of your arm. I think that would make the design flow better.

-You probably already know this but don't skimp on the artist or price. When it comes to a 1/2 sleeve and something as complex as this design make sure you search around for someone who specializes in color or animals and such and make an appointment. This tattoo is going to be expensive but don't have the price tag scare you aware from a highly accredited pro.

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment