Sunday, April 6, 2014

First Tattoo & Parents?




blau


I'm a 19 year old college freshman. I've been wanting to get a tattoo for several yeas now, but my family has always been vocally against tattoos. They have no idea that I want one. Growing up they always asked me not to get any, but I think that's unfair because it's my body and my decision. I want to let them know before I get mine done because I don't want to hide it from them and I want to be upfront and honest. Additionally, I live at home in the summers and I know that I won't be able to hide it, and I don't want to try to hide it. I'd like to be able to be shirtless in front of them and that means they'll see it. I don't know how to bring it up with them, but I really want to get it done. Any ideas on how to discuss it with them? I don't think they would ever see it coming and I don't want to upset them.

I'm planning on getting "Acta non Verba" tattooed in large letters on the side of my ribs, BTW.



Answer
Just sit down with the parent that is easiest to talk to, whether it's mom or dad, first. Tell them that your a 19 year old in college and that you're fairly responsible and in control of your life and your body. You're not getting a foolish tattoo or some girl's name, your getting a Latin quote that gives some insight on the way you think people should function. You're paying for it, you're dealing with the maintenance, and you just want to express yourself, and you really, really want them to know and be okay with you getting it. GOOD LUCK!

Rib cage tattoo pain...?




Jennifer


When I turn 18 (I'm 16 now) I'm really hoping to get a poem tattooed on my rib cage beside my left breast. The poem I'm hoping to get is "A locked door, a rusty razor, a towel stained with red. A folded note, a broken mirror, and young girl lays there dead. Their emotions tangle, the room begins to swirl; she was Mommy's perfect angel and Daddy's little girl." I want this for a few reasons all of which are very important to me and I was wondering if anyone has experience with rib cage tattoos and can give me a little insight on how painful it could be to get something like this done? Thanks.


Answer
I love that poem.

I have a tattoo that goes all the way across my rib cage (left side) and then one that goes almost all the way down my ribcage on my right side.

When I was getting the one on the left I was squeezing my arm so hard that I gave myself a bruise. I never teared up tho! It was really painful, and one of my tattoo artists told me that if i was some idea of how bad the tattoo would hurt in a certain area, you should pinch yourself as hard as you can in that spot, and it should give you some idea of the pain to come.

But overall i think you should definitely stick with getting that tattoo, even though it will hurt like none other, it will be worth it at the end!

Hope i helped!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment