Thursday, April 3, 2014

Inside of Wrist Tattoo, pain, cost, and smudging?




opera_frea


I'm going to get a tattoo on the inside of my wrist (I think, unless I find a better spot) because I don't want it on my back, because I'm in theatre, and I need to be able to cover it easily, but I'm a little concerned about some things:

1) I'm okay with most painful things, but how much will this hurt? I've heard that if you take a rubberband and snap it on your wrist, or stick your fingernail in your skin until it hurts and both are a kinda equivalent to what it feels like.

2) Cost? Anyone? :)

3) And I'm a little conserned about smuding after time. I mean, I don't want to get it now (I'm about to turn 19) and then in like two years have it be smudged and unable to see what it is clearly.

I designed this myself, (I do it for an extra income now actually) and I want it to remain as special to me in twenty years as it was the day that I got it.

Thank so much guys!

Kat



Here's a picture of it!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/MusiKxKaT/scan0002-1.jpg



Answer
That actually a really cool design I love that super awesome work!

I want my childrens names on my wrists too. I have a tattoo on my foot (hawaiian flowers and vines) that covers the ENTIRE foot! I was talking to the girl who did it for me while she was doing it and I asked about the wrist because she had one on the foot and the wrist as well as many other places I liked. She said that pain wise a lot of people consider the foot to be way more painful than the wrist and that wasn't too bad. Ask around and find a great tattoo artist that uses lanicane(sp?) it numbs the area completely. It's a miracle worker. The only problem with that is that it cant work until the skin is open so it will hurt for a little bit still! It's in the top three most painful from what I've heard. She said that the ribs, feet and wrists are horrible because it's right on the bone (imagine feeling intense burning sensations on top of a piercing vibration on your bones). Don't be too concerned though it's totally worth it the pain doesn't out weigh the benefits at all! Too be quite honest I have two now and I think the healing part is way more painful than the actual tattoo process. My foot was really swollen and I couldn't walk on it after a few days b/c I couldn't wear shoes (can we say infection? lol) but the nagging pain of the heeling and itching got to me way more than the tattooing actually did.

On the price it depends on the size. I thought mine would total over $300 for all the different colors and shading and she only charged me $150 for the whole thing. Also depends on who you go to. More in demand artists can charge more. Some charge by size and amount of ink/details and some people charge just by the hour. I would ask around look at all the work and judge the talent to the prices and pick your perfect artist from there.

I've heard a lot about a holographic type of thing happening with certain areas but I have never actual seen anyone with a wrist tattoo that has had this happen and I know A LOT of people who have this done who range in age. Although I do have one spot on my foot in the outline that looks like it ran a little. That's more the way it heals and the way you take care of it. I have mine down my big toe and up to my ankle from there so I couldn't even wear a flip flop on that foot b/c I was too afraid of rubbing. I felt like a dork but thought I was doing the right thing. It ended up infected and swollen and scabbed (not pretty I know sorry :s) and that's the spot I see the smudging in. If you take great care of it and follow your artists instructions to the T you should be fine.

Hope that answered all of your questions!!!!

im thinking about a zodiac (scorpio) tattoo on my inner wrist?




BOOM BOOM


here's the inspiration:

http://tattoos-and-art.com/wp-content/gallery/scorpio-tattoos/star-sign-scorpio-tattoo-41835.jpg

i wouldn't get the flower designs along with it, just the "M" letter that would be small enough to fit on my left inner wrist. what do you think? is it too uncreative or a typical girl tattoo? is the wrist a good place to get it?



Answer
I would agree with you that zodiac symbols are "typical girl tattoos", but I also think they are awesome tattoos.
I also have a zodiac symbol on my inner wrist. It's the symbol for cancer and it's in blue and pink. It hurt a LOT! I have many tattoos and they all hurt but this one REALLY hurt.
I think you should go ahead and get it if you want it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment